Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Live PLO: Good, My Month Overall: Bad

Last week they ran live $1-2 Pot Limit Omaha games at Planet Hollywood four nights in a row. I really enjoy playing PLO, more than I like playing NLH at the moment. One night I won a sick pot that broke the game around 5 am and I cashed out close to $1,300.

But in NLH I've run terrible this month. When it comes to holdem, this is honestly the worst run of cards I've ever had. I am getting it in with the nuts and feeling awful about it because I'm just waiting for my opponents' outs to come, and sure enough they do. Earlier tonight I got it all in on the turn with the nut straight vs a mediocre two pair for 300 bb, and I'm just shaking my head when I see his hand on the turn because I know he's going to fill up. Unless things turn around this will be my first losing month at poker. And things have to turn around in the next couple days, because while they say luck evens out in the long run, that makes no difference if you go busto in the short run. Is Highwaytime going to have to find a J-O-B? Let's not think such cruel thoughts just yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have an opening for a forklift driver in my company. Since you are a friend i'll hook you up.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike, hows it going? email me at sowellbaseball@yahoo.com haven't talked to you in forever!